The long-awaited update to Final Fantasy XIV’s wealth of content has finally arrived with the launch of 3.1 – As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness. Following the initial launch of Heavensward, the patch includes the continuation of the main scenario as well as a bunch of new gameplay content for players to get into.
● Void Ark: The new 24-player alliance raid invites adventures to do battle on a haunted vessel while unraveling the mystery surrounding it
● Exploratory Missions: Embark on missions that task adventurers to explore far-off islands by way of airship and battle monsters in an open field, allowing them to unearth rare gear and items
● Lord of Verminion: A brand-new real-time strategy attraction at the Manderville Gold Saucer where players can use their minions to battle it out against other players, or take on challenges against boss minions
● Two high-level dungeons: Saint Mocianne’s Arboretum and Pharos Sirius (Hard)
● Vanu Vanu beast tribe quests offer insight into the lives of the Zundu tribe and feature a new “quest sync” system to offer rewards and challenges equivalent to the player level at which they are accepted
● The Minstrel’s Ballad: Thordan’s Reign: Face off against Thordan and his twelve knights once more in this enhanced-difficulty version of the battle, offering players a greater challenge
● The ability to fly will be granted to a number of existing ground mounts, including Magitek armor
● New hairstyles, and much more.
The full Patch 3.1 notes can be found here.