The early access version of sci-fi sandbox MMORPG The Repopulation is available for $14.99 until September 4. The 25% discount is to celebrate the forthcoming PAX Prime in Seattle. PAX Prime attendees can join a promotion event for more rewards.
The Repopulation stresses on player driven world and social aspects. You can choose to progress by killing enemies, or you can do it via peaceful means. You can play as hero and you can choose to become villain. The game is supposed to let you play in the way you want to.
Key Features Currently Available In Early Access
- Sandbox driven gameplay which never forces you down a specific path.
- Skills based advancement with over 75 skills to advance in including combat oriented, diplomatic, rogue, entertainment, trade skill, pet, survival, and advanced skills.
- Advanced Trade Skill systems which allow for a high degree of customization in crafted goods.
- Players can switch between RPG Mode or Action Mode combat at any time. Action Mode controls like a shooter, but it built on top of RPG mechanics.
- Create homes and build cities complete with vendors, props and defensive units.
- Dynamically generated content which will change based on how players react to the world.
- Unique three faction PvP system, where the third faction is allowed to set its alliances on a nation by nation basis. PvP is entirely optional with much of the world being completely protected from it and players being able to progress entirely without ever getting involved in PvP.
- Advanced generated mission system provides a neverending stream of missions which are customized for your character. They are purely optional.
- Social oriented features which provide bonus rewards when grouping or working together with other players.
- Vehicle system allows you to upgrade and custom tailor your vehicles, even adding abilities such as Shielding, Mines, Turbo Boost, or Combat abilities.
- Three different pet systems: Genetic Engineering, Taming, and Robotics.
- Engagement system which is similar to a mutating form of Public Quests.
- Persistent Seamless World.
Key Upcoming Features
- Customizable XML based interface and GUI improvements.
- DirectX 11 Support.
- Hardcore server ruleset.
- Re-integration of the Siege system.
- Underground levels for player created cities.
- Audio improvements as we move some systems from placeholder to final.
- Ease of use features to make the game easier to grasp for new players.
- Host Player Created Tournaments in your cities.
- Raid Interface.
- Microtransaction support.
- City Perks system.
- Graphical improvements, additional FX, and general polish.
- Balance, feature refinement, bug fixes and content.