After several months of Closed Beta Testing, My.com and Obsidian Entertainment have announced that Skyforge final Closed Beta(CBT4) will run from Jun 23rd to June 29th, which will introduce to brand-new playable classes knight and alchemist as well as several major changes including PvE, PvP matchmaking, UI, client optimization and more.
Skyforge dev team made large number of updates and improvements in this Closed Beta according to player feedback in previous closed beta tests. You can read the full patch notes below. Note that your progress will be wiped with the beginning of CBT4. We will announce huge giveaway event for this Closed Beta, please stay tuned.
[CBT4 Only] Instant access to the Knight and Alchemist advanced classes
• In an effort to allow players to experience some of the new classes added during CBT4, all players will have the opportunity to immediately try the Knight and Alchemist classes normally unlocked by progressing through the upper level of the Ascension Atlas.
Game Client Optimization and Stability Fixes
• ~30% Increase to FPS for all systems compared to previous builds.
• Fixed crashes affecting users with AMD chipsets when they attempted to start the game.
• Graphic settings are now displayed and saved correctly in the Settings menu.
– Defaults to recommended settings based on your system’s specifications.
PvE and PvP
• Added the ability to manually select the difficulty of Adventures.
– Players can now select difficulties from Easy up to Impossible – provided they meet the prestige requirements.
• Lifted prestige restriction for participating in Adventures with group members of varying prestige levels
– Adventure difficulty can go no higher than what is available to the lowest prestige player in the group.
– Immortals of higher prestige may receive small or no rewards for completing much lower prestige adventures.
• Added Group-Finder to Squad Adventures.
– Immortals can now elect to be automatically matched with two other immortals, if there are others entering the same Adventure.
• Pre-assembled 5-player groups entering Group Adventures can now start with any class composition.
– A group of 3 DPS, 1 Tank, and 1 Support is still displayed as the suggested format.
• The amount of class sparks earned from enemies has been increased by 10%
• Optimized matchmaking for normal PvP battles.
– Immortals are now matched based purely on Prestige. Skill is no longer factored into the matchmaking process.
• Added new Traumatic Damage to enemy AOE abilities.
– Ranged classes, normally, avoid Area-of-Effect abilities very easily. Traumatic Damage causes increased damage to ranged classes hit by enemy AOE’s while melee classes caught in the AOE are more resistant to this effect.
• The upper Ascension Atlas is now unlocked earlier, allowing faster progression towards other classes.
• Class Atlases are now split into two parts – Primary and Extended
– Primary requires use of Sparks of Insight and provides a few basic skills and talents.
– Extended incorporates the majority of the Atlas and uses that classes’ unique Sparks to advance.
• Added 2 new equipment types and 6 new slots.
– 4 Class Amulet slots and 2 Trophy slots
– More information on Amulets & Trophies will be revealed soon
• Adepts no longer require credits to be recruited.
– The number of Adepts that can be recruited at one time is limited by the Order’s rank.
• Adepts now earn the majority of resources required for missions through the missions themselves.
– Missions are split into three categories, with each one focused on gathering or spending different items.
• New potential Adepts are updated automatically and can be viewed in the Order menu without the need to venture to the Hall of Greatness.
– Immortals are still required to visit the Hall of Greatness to bring new Adepts into their Order.
• Pantheons are now available for Immortals to create! You can find more about Pantheons in our Pantheon reveal article.
• Character creation has been enhanced and fine-tuned for personalizing your character.
• Immortals may now try on costumes before purchasing them from the market.
• Numerous Interface alterations across the game consisting of changes to the Ascension Atlas, Skill, Equipment, and Order menus.
• Chat made significantly more convenient to use.
– More in line with “normal” MMO chat layouts
Approx. patch size: 6.86GB