Square Enix has revealed the release date for the upcoming sequel to their sandbox action RPG title, Dragon Quest Builders 2, bringing with the announcement a twin video release, which features both the boy and girl editions of the game’s opening movie. Some new updates and features were also revealed during an hour long livestream event.
Scheduled for a December 20th, 2018 release in Japan, Dragon Quest Builders 2 will not only bring new additions to gameplay mechanics, such as crafting in bulk, but also apparently brings a new multiplayer feature to the table – allowing up to four players total. Downloadable content will be made available in two waves after the game has been released, and the developers have stated they are aiming to fix anything that fans were dissatisfied with in the first title and are working with Koei Tecmo, who are helping them with the action portions of the game. (source)
Fans who preorder the game will be granted a “Slime Tower” recipe, allowing players to build towers out of Slimes.
Other highlights include, courtesy of Siliconera:
- “Spider Web” parts were added.
- New “Dash” action lets the player run faster.
- Camera angles that let you switch between first-person and close up/far away.
- The protagonist’s expressions change depending on the action they do.
- You don’t need to use the menu to select a weapon, you can simply press left/right directionals and triangle to select. (PS4 players)
- The new “Glove” item allows you to lift objects and rotate them without breaking them.
- The weapon is used with the square button, while builder items are used with the R2 button. (PS4 players)
- You will no longer take contact damage from enemies.
Dragon Quest Builders 2 is scheduled for a December 20, 2018 release date in Japan on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4.
Sources: Official Square Enix website(Japan), Siliconera, Destructoid