Daum Games Europe today announced its anticipated MMORPG Black Desert Online will commence the 1st closed beta on Wednesday, December 16th at 7:00 a.m. UTC and end on Tuesday, December 22nd at the same time.
In the Alpha test, players were able to pick from 5 classes namely Warrior, Sorceress, Berserker, Ranger, and Wizard but Daum is happy to add Tamer in this 1st beta and also the launch. With the support of Heilang, the divine beast, the Tamer can perform ruthless combination attacks or take enemies down on their own, by borrowing divine forces. Though innocent at heart, the Tamer is able to channel their passion into a powerful fury that will sweep past any obstacle. Daum also revealed a new trailer to showcase Tamer in action.
In addition to the adding of Tamer, the Calpheon region, including its major city with the same name, will also make its debut in the Beta.
Players can expect to see several improvements in this beta based on the player feedbacks from last alpha test:
- Improved character customization, including 30 new skin tones, 40 new hair colors, new beards, and a bald option for male characters.
- Improved balance of character classes.
- Improved weather cycles, including darker and occasionally stormy nights and lanterns that can be purchased from NPCs to help players in the dark.
- Newly enabled features such as the much requested walking mode and more.
- Adjustment of HP Potions to improve the PvP challenges.
- Fully localized English text.
- Level cap set to 50.99% with PVP unlocked at level 30.
Along with the beta announcement, Daum also released a bunch of screenshots that showcase the improvements from alpha to beta. You can see details of the new content to be available in CBT1 here.
>>> More Black Desert Articles:
Black Desert Online: Cash Shop and Item Price Still in Development
Black Desert (JP)'s Funny News Broadcast Features Heat Stroke and Wild Cow
Black Desert Online Community Q&A Reveals More Details on Closed Beta and Server
Those Ugly and Creepy Black Desert Characters Are Really Out of Control
[Topic] Have You Pre-ordered Black Desert? What's Holding You off?
Black Desert Online's Pre-order Starts; 6 Classes Preview Videos Released